Who is Terence Later?
If anyone understands Santa Monica and all of her majesty on a deeply rooted level it’s me. I am a Santa Monica born, third generation Santa Monica citizen and have lived here all my life. My family and myself have helped build this city to greatness and have contributed both fiscally and physically and have ties to many of Santa Monica’s longest standing businesses and 91,000 citizens.
I attended Will Rogers, John Adams, Lincoln, Olympic, Samohi, SMC and UCLA and have lived in neighborhoods from Santa Monica to Ocean Park to north of Montana as a renter and business owner. I have tremendous pride for our school district, our parks, our beaches and every community that makes up our wonderful city.
Over the years I have seen Santa Monica grow from a little seaside town into a thriving metropolis. This growth has come with its upside and downside. When elected I will strive to make Santa Monica a cleaner, greener, safer place to raise our families.
Why elect Terence Later for City Council?
“The needs of this community are my needs. I will strive for better communication between all members of our community. I will make sensible expenditure of taxpayers funds a priority. Tax reform, traffic, safe parks, recreation areas and safety in our schools will also be a priority.”
• I will demand transparency and government accountability by voting NO on Prop SM, as I did working tirelessly to defeat Prop W in 2006.
• I am a supporter of the Land Use Voter Empowerment - Measure LV and support responsible development just as I did in supporting Prop T 2008, limiting traffic and producing parking alternatives for residents of Santa Monica.
• I will work to allocate our city resources to strengthen our Police and Fire departments and most importantly, offer solutions and support for improving our schools.
• I will work to cease the legal battle with the FAA in an effort to save the Santa Monica airport.
• I will work to maintain Rent Control as it stands. Senior exemptions and sunset clauses for tax and bond initiatives.
• I will work to set aside a portion of our shoreline for a Dog beach which has been long anticipated and long overdue.
• I will work to expand and maintain our parks, protect our city’s environment and keep our beaches clean.